Saturday 14 January 2017


My intended message was depression. The water symbolizes tears, so he is flowing in in his own tears.

I started with the idea of depression, then I began with my thumb nail sketches. I made many sketches but none that I liked, so I ask a friend of mine. She gave me the idea of a shower but instead of water it would be tears, from that came my idea of the person floating in the ocean. from there I took photos of a person covering there face as if they are crying, then a drain. To make my picture look more surreal I decided to paint my lake oppose to just taking a picture of it, and finally I found the picture of the bath tub online. 

After that I uploaded my images onto the computer using image capture. Then brought them into Photoshop.
I put each image on a different layer, then named them all according to what is on the layer. I made a mask for all of them to hide the surrounding color. Then to put the person in the instead of on the tub, so you could see the other end of it on the top, I made a copy of the bath tub. Then erased a hole in it where the person would go and placed the person in between the two bath tub layers. To make the tub look like its floating in the water I did some thing similar. i made a copy of the water image and placed it on top of all the layers, decreased the opacity and erased a wave sort of shape to create and floating like illusion. Finally I put the drain in the bottom and to make it look like water was going down it I matched the color to the lake and colored in a swirl as if the water was going down. then i decreased the opacity to resemble water.

I learned many things while completing this project including that you can do anything on Photoshop as long as you know how to do it. Also masking is very useful, since we used it to create our movie posters as well. Finally that layering keeping them organized and naming each one is very important. I am quite satisfied with my end result mainly because it turned out very close to how i intended it to be, the only thing i wish turned out different was the drain. I feel the water going into the drain could have look better. But overall i am happy with the end result.    
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment