Sunday 25 September 2016

Repetition and Rhythm Assignment

Steady Lines

I created a sense of rhythm in this image by first just making evenly spaced vertical lines that move up and down. It looked to simple to me and I made every other line a bit thicker. All the lines are the same length but are placed some higher than others which creates the illusion that the thinner lines are father and the darker lines are closer. There is also an chevron looking implied live that is horizontal at the edges of the lines.

Dynamic Lines

I originally tried to recreate a pattern similar to the one on the floor but then i started playing with the thickness and where i placed the lines and turn it into this. I think this one is more pleasing to the eye since there is more variations of direction. This one works together more, it looks like the lines connect but if you really look closely none of them do. 




1 comment: